The Boreo Caving Helmet has the same design as Petzl's classic climbing helmet, except there are front and rear mounting plates for Petzl's Duo S and Duo Z2 headlamps, making this option much nicer for spelunking and caving. Petzl reinforced the lateral, front, and rear sections for better impact protection. Its hybrid design mixes a hard ABS shell at the crown with EPS and EPP foams around the sides for a more compact fit and a lighter weight.
- Petzl's original Boreo helmet updated specifically for caving
- Front and rear mounting plates for Duo S or Z2 headlamps
- Reinforced protection against lateral, frontal, and rear impact
- Soft headband with foam liners that are very easy to clean
- Item #PTZ007I
EPP foam, EPS foam
CE EN 12492
- Q & A
Petzl Top and Side protection explained
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Petzl video on Top and Side protection video. Some incredible footage and explanations on why top and side protection is important.