Select a Size
Select a Color
X-Road Fuel V5 Mountain Cycling Shoe
If you're just dipping your toes into the clipless pedal waters, look no further than the Pearl Izumi Men's X-Road Fuel V5 Mountain Shoe for confidence-inspiring stability and plentiful traction underfoot. Designed to emulate your favorite pair of hiking shoes, the X-Road Fuel V5 Mountain Shoe does away with an overly stiff, race-oriented design in favor of sure-footed grip and flexibility underfoot, which are two key areas for those just learning to engage into and release from their newly acquired clipless pedals. On a side note, these shoes can be used with traditional flats, should you desire to ride unattached to your pedals on the trail or around town.
Looking underneath this sneaker-inspired trail shoe, you'll find an X-Road nylon plate with a two-hole mounting pattern that's compatible with SPD-style cleats used by mountain bikers and urban commuters for their solid pedaling platform and intuitive operation. Instead of taking up the entire forefoot, this nylon plate is only located where the cleat attaches, allowing the rest of the sole to use grippy rubber lugs, just like a normal pair of sneakers. This way, you can confidently walk off your bike or use these shoes with flat pedals when you're just cruising around town.
- Confidence-inspiring trail shoes for those just learning
- Flexible design with plentiful traction for gaining confidence
- X-Road nylon plate for pedaling efficiency without being stiff
- Works with two-bolt mountain cleats (SPD-style) or flat pedals
- Seamless bonded upper for durability with breathable mesh
- Traditional lace-up design with garage for tucking laces
- Item #PLZ00OW
- Upper Material
- mesh, synthetic
- traditional laces with garage
- X-Road nylon plate, rubberized lugs
- Cleat Compatibility
- two-hole mountain
- Recommended Use
- commuting, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
November 13, 2019
Which SPD set should be purchased? The screws for the sets that I have are too short to reach the threads in the shoes.