Why We Like The X-ALP Elevate Cycling Shoe
Updated from the previous generation, the Pearl Izumi X-Alp Elevate Cycling Shoe sheds some weight and adds support for your off-road epics by bike. Taking a bit off the top, Pearl Izumi reduces the bulk and weight of the tongue and upper material so you’ll feel lighter on the pedals and freer when on-foot. Pure cyclists will enjoy updated dual-dial BOA Fit System that hugs with just the right amount of pressure to keep feet stable in punchy, uphill switchbacks. And the adventure-seeker in us will find limitless exploration with the Vibram ECOSTEP rubber sole that provides off-the-beaten-path walkability. For such adventures, Pearl Izumi adds a reinforced toe box to fend on rocky impacts and an EVA midsole to cushion on hard-pack trails.
- Mountain biking shoe for your expanding world
- BOA Fit System, dual dials perform in the untested wilderness
- Vibram rubber sole for off-bike confidence
- EVA midsole comforts like your go-to sneakers
- Reinforced toe box for when the trails get rocky
- Item #PLZO8EE
- Responsible Collection
- Organic Materials
- Upper Material
- BOA Fit System (dual IP1)
- 20% renewable algae-based Bloom
- Vibram ECOSTEP
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [size 40, single] 12.8oz (363g)
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, cyclocross, downhill, enduro, mud/sand/snow, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 16, 2020
my favorite shoes this year
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 165 lbs
Great fit. Toe area is nice and wide--not too wide. True to size. I wear 9 1/2 regular sneakers and bought the 42.5. Feels great with my crank brothers pedals. i wear these when i ride my trail/xc bike. Boa system is on point. Very adjustable. Shoe also feels good walking around when you need to hike your bike. Soles are soft yet nice and firm to walk around in. Only issue is that water gets in easily, so don't expect a water proof shoe.
August 31, 2020
Anyone know how the sizing on these runs compared to previous PI shoes? Compared to the x project series? Looking for info on length being true to size and toe box width? Thanks in advance.