Long before Lycra was a glint in the industry's eye, cycling's wonder material was merino wool. For the Wool Short-Sleeve Cycling Base Layer, Pearl Izumi updates that reliable material with some synthetic materials, giving it better compressive properties and adding to its moisture-management chops. The result is a breathable, naturally odor-resistant second skin that retains its shape and wicks better than wool alone. The shoulders are rotated forward, which increases comfort while stretched out on the hoods, and flatlock seams throughout minimize chafing and layering bulk.
- A cycling base layer that spans eras
- Material blend combines the best of history and modernity
- Manages moisture and resists odor
- Cut to accommodate the cycling position
- Item #PLZ00G7
- Q & A
DECENT FOR BASE LAYER
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
PROS: longer sleeve length allows for arm warmers to stay in place, mesh back gives good ventilation. CONS: order one full size up, tags were sewn on outside of garment, I just cut them off.