Comfort of the centuries.
Minimalist, but not lacking, the Pearl Izumi Women's Road V5 Cycling Shoes make for the perfect partner on all-day weekend cruises, and after work group rides alike. That's because they pack a good punch in their simple profile, with three hook-and-loop straps to enclose your foot with a customized fit, and synthetic uppers that support you through the longest miles. The sole might flex a touch more than the Road Race model, but they still push forward with a good degree of stiffness thanks to a composite matrix reinforced with nylon, landing it right in the middle of Pearl's stiffness scale, so you have a little forgiveness when you head for your first century, when comfort is a bit more important than pedaling efficiency. The sole is finished with traction at the heel and toe to help you keep upright when those long days in the saddle are punctuated by refueling stops at convenience stores with slippery linoleum floors.
- Comfort and support combine for all-day comfort on the bike
- Synthetic sole reinforced for stiffness that doesn't punish
- Seamless upper breathes and maintains a sleek, modern profile
- Closure reduces instep pressure by pulling around rather than across
- Bumpers maintain traction of slippery store or café floors
- Item #PLZ00OV
- Q & A
These shoes are stunning!! They are truly as bright blue as in the stock photo. I'm a 7.5 and the size 40 fits perfectly with a little bit of toe room for when I'm really pulling the pedals. Love them. So happy with this purchase!