No more loathing.
We tend to choose our summer-weight shorts very carefully. Fit, style, and of course the chamois—there are enough choices out there that we don't have to compromise in any area, so we always get exactly what we want. That's why come fall we're loathe to lay them aside in favor of thermal gear, and that loathing is mostly due to switching chamois. Pearl Izumi's Select Escape Thermal Tights address that concern by omitting a chamois so you can layer your preferred one underneath them. The lack of a chamois also lets them serve as cross-training gear for chilly runs if you prefer to hang up the bike during the coldest snaps of winter.
- Tights that layer over summer shorts or work for cold-weather runs
- Soft, thermal insulation secures warmth against brisk autumn air
- Breathable synthetic banishes moisture before it becomes clammy
- Ankle zips with zipper garages reduce irritation
- Reflective elements help keep you visible in dim conditions
- Lack of chamois and bib-free construction add versatility for cross-training
- Item #PLZ00KF
- Q & A
Runs a bit larger but works very well
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have purchased for road cycling and running. I am in Up-state-NY so we get some interesting weather here ;-) I have only got them on yesterday and already went on the road for 30mile ride at close to freezing temperature but no wind factor, they did very well and I am sure they were the reason I was able to stay on the road for so long. with that said, I would appreciate more wind-stopping especially around the knees. (I have used them over my regular riding shorts which have padding - no issues with the fit).
Today I went out running to welcome the fresh snow and they did a great job keeping me warm and comfortable. Looking forward to using them in more sub zero conditions.
Reason for the 4 starts:
- I would appreciate a pocket to keep my phone when I am running
- Wind-stopping could be improved, especially in the knee area
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 140lbs
Pearl Izumi makes great products. These thermal tights are no exception. Quality is great and they do the job without any flash. I've yet to test these thermal tights in extreme conditions but they were a bit too warm in 30-40 degree weather(winds @ 15mph). I almost rode with warmers instead but just purchased these thermals and wanted to try them. Anyway, they are warm, trust me.
I purchased the size small and they fit relatively true to size. They are a bit long and quite slim in fit from the thighs up, which should be considered when ordering.