Ride in the dry.
Most of the time in the cold months, we'll avoid riding if there's any precipitation in the mix. The Pearl Izumi Select Escape Thermal Cycling Tights are built for we fair weather winter warriors. They combine thermal insulation and breathability with an accommodating stretch that preserves most of the freedom of your pedal stroke. Of course, they'll never be as accommodating as cycling shorts, but neither is the weather they're intended for.
- Cycling tights for dry, cool days in the saddle
- Thermal insulation preserves body heat
- Banishes moisture to the dry, cold air
- Chamois adds comfort on uncomfortably cold spins
- Zipper garage keeps ankle zips from chafing
- Reflective details help keep you visible on overcast afternoons
- Item #PLZ00KE
- Q & A
Decent tights, with one caveat...
I have used these a few times and they work pretty well for their intended temperature range, although they do fit rather snug. My biggest complaint is they have a seam that runs across the butt area that i feel immediately when i put them on, which feels a bit weird. This doesn't really cause a problem, and i do tend to forget about that feeling once I'm out riding, but I can't help but wonder why they couldn't have designed them without that seam there?? Other than this little quirk they are pretty decent.