The answer is simple.
Weather-resistant cycling kit can get pretty complicated, but Pearl Izumi's Select Barrier Men's Pullover Jacket proves that it doesn't have to be. The jacket's Barrier fabric is a tightly woven, DWR-coated synthetic that blocks the elements, recommending it as a shell to wear over thermal jerseys when "chilly and overcast" becomes "cold and rainy." The half-length zipper is backed by a draft flap and a single, envelope style rear pocket allows access to essentials you don't want to trap underneath in a jersey's pockets.
- A weather-resistant cycling pullover for rainy rides
- DWR-treated Barrier fabric fights wind and water
- Elastic cuffs and hems seal out the damp
- Envelope style pocket protects ride essentials
- Reflective elements draw attention under dreary skies
- Item #PLZ00F6
- Q & A
Close silhouette wind breaker
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 185lbs
I was pleasantly surprised by this jacket considering all of the options we have here at Competitive cyclist. I am 5'11 185 lbs and this fit me really well. is was close bit allowed great arm and torso movement. I would definitely rate this as true to size - no up sizing needs as is common with many of our euro or race bred garments. Also, the price of this jacket is awesome - get them while they are still available on sale. This would be a great windbreaker to use with layers and have stuffed away for an emergency jacket. Nice touches and details.
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
Bought this for my husband, he is extremely muscular and has been biking for 18+ years. Either sizing has gotten smaller or this is an irregular fit it was so tight he could not move.