Every day, every way.
With the introduction of the water-repellent PI Dry treatment across much of its thermal line, Pearl Izumi has pushed its cool-weather kit to the front of the queue as far as versatility is concerned. The Pursuit Men's Thermal Tights take versatility one step further by combining the new (PI Dry), the classic (soft thermal material), and the universal (a chamois-free design).
The result is a cycling-minded pair of warm, breathable tights that fend off road spray and light drizzle while letting you choose your chamois (there's a reason we have favorite pairs of summer-weight shorts, after all). Alternatively, you can choose no chamois at all and wear them alone for cold, damp cross-training sessions.
- All-purpose tights for training in cold, damp conditions
- Water-resistant material shrugs off light drizzle and road spray
- Lightly brushed material is soft and warm
- Articulated to accommodate pedaling with less restriction
- Ankles protected from zipper by draft flap and garage
- Reflective details help you stand out on overcast March mornings
- Layer your favorite chamois underneath or go without for cross-training workouts
- Item #PLZ00JZ
- Q & A
PI DRY TECHNOLOGY
permanent waterproofed fibers that allows full breathability - better than the industry's DWR which will wash out after ~20 cycles.
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 161lbs
Best long tights I have owned, and I have been riding for many years.
Even in wet conditions, pretty good.
They keep you nice and warm. Buy em !
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I ordered men's medium, which is what I always wear. These are great tights, but I returned them because they are...too tight! I think a more athletic chap will love them. I just don't want to wrestle with them going on and coming off for the next 10 years. I have a 32.5 inch waist, and a 22.5 inch thigh at widest spot. My bum maxes out at 38 inches. The cut and feel of the fabric seems excellent. They are definitely shaped for action- articulated knees. The reflective patches are very small. The thickness/warmth is generous- it's a good deal thicker than a plain Lycra tight. Should be nice and warm. None of the panels are windblocking. Maybe I should try the large....but I was hoping for some windblocking material in the front, since chilly weather biking is something I do.