Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
PRO Amfib Shell
Inclement weather may be on the forecast, but Pearl Izumi's PRO Amfib Shell isn't scared, and with it on our side, we aren't either. It falls in as Pearl's most technical outer layer, providing protection from wind and rain through frosty seasons.
- Ride with confidence in the storm with Pearl's technical shell
- 3-layer softshell fabric shields you from showers and wind
- Move freely thanks to 4-way stretch AmFIB fabric
- Minimize bulk thanks to bonded neck and cuffs
- Vislon Aquaguard zip shields from water, allows for easy venting
- Stay seen when lighting drops thanks to BioViz reflective elements
- Keep essentials close at hand in two deep back pockets, zippered center pocket
- Item #PLZ00T2
- Q & A
Fall into Winter
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
First Impressions: I love this jacket. I've only had the chance to wear it on one ride so far but I think this will be my go-to shell this fall/winter on the bike. I wore a summer jersey underneath with temps in the high 40's to low 50's and was very comfortable. I think with some layering, riding into the 30's will be manageable. It breathes as well as it blocks the wind. Which it does very, very well.
Sizing: Form Fit. So if you want to add some extra layers under the jacket I would recommend sizing up if you are close to being in between sizes. For reference, I am 6'1" and 165lbs and went with the Large. I would normally be a Medium in most jackets but this PRO line is form fitting so I sized up.