P.R.O. Barrier WxB MTB Shoe Cover
With the advent of plus-sized tires and fatbikes, the sloppy trails of early spring are no longer totally off limits. Pearl Izumi's PRO Barrier WxB MTB Shoe Covers are built for damp, chilly days, so pull them on and hit the muck. Well, not only them. Considering that their wind- and water-resistant face keeps the weather out and their midweight insulation keeps heat in, they pair well with a light winter jacket and gloves for soggy March romps. Opting for heavier socks (or just doubling up) push them deeper into winter; we've worn these puppies on rides in the mid-30s when properly insulated.
- Shoe covers for the sloppy trails of early spring
- Wind- and water-resistance for soggy singletrack
- Fleece lining insulates behind that protective shell
- Breathability helps eliminate clammy chill from climbing
- Potential points of watery ingress eliminated by taped seams
- Trail-specific sole frees your lugs for much-needed traction
- KEVLAR reinforcement protects against trail abuse
- Reflective details promote visibility on overcast rides to the trailhead
- Item #PLZ00LD
- 41% polyester, 27% polyamide, 17% polyurethane, 8% elastane, 7% KevlarÂ®
- lugged mountain bike shoes
- Recommended Use
- mountain biking
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
November 12, 2019
tested at the Iceman
Conditions were pretty bad this year with fresh single track and lots of mud! This was the first use for these covers and they worked fairly well. I did accumulate some mud under one but they are meant for riding … Not walking in mud. A good product overall! Kept my feet warm in cold temps. Ans: quite durable material... Thick enough but still flexible...
November 24, 2019
Are they pretty thick? I have some other Pearl Izumi shoe covers that have a nice thick neoprene. I am looking for another pair similar to them. I raced Iceman this year too! What a mess!
May 31, 2019
- I returned this product before using it
After a late shipment, I had to return these before ever using them, as I had to purchase an alternate pair. Those alternates were pretty similar, so these should do the job just fine.
May 27, 2019
Great for gravel roads in nasty weather
- I've used it several times
- True to size
A good cover for off roading, keeps shoes about as protected as most shoe covers, easy on and off. There is a strap on the underside of the toe that seems to be designed to keep muck from pulling the toe up off the shoe . . .it works OK, the strap is heavy duty but seems to have some slack in it, otherwise 5 stars.
June 29, 2018
TWO-STAGE CLOSURE SHOE COVER
Easier to put on, more adjustability, no zipper failures