Aero savings start at the hands.
Gloves can certainly add some additional grip and protection while out on the road, but when you're jocking a skinsuit and an aero helmet, you don't want to throw on any old glove messing up your aerodynamics. If it may be a little cooler out or you're competing in something that has a greater propensity of touching down, say a track race or a crit, you might want the extra protection of Pearl Izumi's P.R.O. Aero Full Finger Glove for some aerodynamic benefits and a little extra protection.
The full-finger design is thin so it offers as much dexterity as you could hope for from a full-finger glove. Conductive synthetic leather on the index finger and thumb works with touch screen devices letting you attend an important call or navigate GPS. A soft Clarino synthetic leather palm helps provide a sure grip to the bar tape even if you have sweaty palms going into the bell lap. Pearl constructs the back of the gloves with a 1:1 Glove fit from P.R.O. Aero fabric, a stretchy synthetic blend with texture, helping reduce drag so you get to the line a little quicker. If you need to wipe your nose or brow, Pearl includes a low-profile wiping surface on the thumb. A simple pull-on design avoids the extra bulk of a hook-and-loop strap.
- Lightweight glove adding some aero benefits on your ride
- P.R.O aero fabric's texture reduces drag
- Wiping surface wicks moisture nose or brow
- Slim fit helps dexterity
- Grippy Clarino palm adds control
- Conductive index finger and thumbs navigate touch screens
- Item #PLZ00DE
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
My favorite Spring/Fall road gloves.
1. Aerodynamic. Good looking. Great price!
2. No pads. Many experienced cyclists prefer gloves without pads because they provide better bar feel, grip, and control. Also, no pads = more comfort because there are no pressure points caused by the pads. You don't need pads in your gloves if you have cork/gel tape on your bars.
3. No velcro. So they don't snag your expensive jersey. And you can throw them in the wash with your other kit after your ride. So convenient.
4. Sweat wipe on glove.
5. Very high QC standards from Pearl. These won't split apart on you after three rides.
1. A little hard to get off because of no Velcro. But it's worth it for the convenience of being able to throw them into the wash.
Sizing: Pearl Izumi gloves usually fit true to size. For example (for me): Pearl Izumi = L. Giro = XL. Castelli = XL.