Pearl Izumi's PRO Aero Full Finger Gloves are designed for the most speed-obsessed cyclists only. With a minimalistic cuff and no artificial parachutes at the finger openings, they eliminate as many drag-inducing transitional ridges as possible. Is that picking at minutiae? Maybe, but in the race of truth, every second, gram, and potential source of drag matter.
They're made to keep your grip confident and secure during the hot races of late summer, omitting any palm padding and opting instead for a synthetic leather palm to ensure sweaty hands don't send you sliding off the hoods. They're finished with a bit of aerodynamic texturing on the back of the hand, which Pearl claims reduces drag. While we lack the wind tunnel facilities to vet that claim, we do know that being glued to the drops during frantic finales definitely increases our chances of placing, and the low-profile wrist certainly looks the part of a racer's mitts.
- TT gloves for cyclists looking for the utmost in aerodynamics
- Unpadded palm provides perfect purchase in the drops
- Low-profile, slip-on body uppers reduce opportunities for drag
- Breathable material expels moisture into the summer air
- Soft wiping surface keeps sweat off your brow, too
- Item #PLZ00O5