Why We Like The Minimal Liner Short
When we don't want the bulk of classic cycling shorts, we'll reach for a short like the Minimal Liner Short. Pearl Izumi designed it to be slim and supportive with a fit that works under virtually any layer. Versa chamois provides cushioning and quick-drying capabilities so we're always dry and comfortable.
- Liner short that offers a comfortable fit under cycling bottoms
- Transfer Mesh fabric is constructed from 100% recycled material
- Boy short cut is comfortable and conforming
- Versa Chamois is cushioning and quick-drying
- Removable chamois for convenience
- Satin waistband offers a soft next-to-skin fit
- Item #PLZO8GM
- Responsible Collection
- [face fabric] 80% recycled nylon, 20% elastane, [side panels] 47% recycled polyester, 42% polyester, 11% elastane
- low-light visibility
- Recommended Use
- cyclocross, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
September 20, 2021
Bad design ZERO STARS
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought
- 5` 1"
- 120 lbs
I should have read the one other review on these shorts before purchasing for my wife. She was wanting some cycling shorts to wear under leggings or street pants. I had just bought her some PI road shorts that she likes, but these liner shorts just don’t work for her and I doubt they work for anyone. There is no rubber in the leg hems to keep the shorts from riding up into your crotch, so that exactly what they do on a ride. If you try to wear these under leggings, they bunch up as you pull on the tights. The removable chamois is touted as a feature, but don’t be fooled. This foam pad is super thin and doesn’t provide much cushioning. It comes out for hand washing, but is not easy to get back in. Extremely disappointed in Pearl Izumi.
June 23, 2021
Not for me
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 4"
- 130 lbs
Like the description says, the chamois is removable, and it's very thin. There is a channel sewn in to the shorts to hold the chamois. It's stitched along the sides and open in the front and the back so it can be pulled out easily. The issue I have with these shorts is the chamois bunches up when you put them on and I spend a good amount of time straightening out the chamois and making sure it's not rolled onto itself. Might work well for others but they're not for me.