Escape Softshell Lite Glove
- Cycling gloves protect your hands from wind and cold
- Select Softshell fabric resists wind and water
- Select Thermal at the palm manages moisture and warmth
- Conductive, synthetic leather is touchscreen-compatible
- Windproof fleece swatch wipes noses and eyes gently
- Silicone aids grip and minimizes slips on your bars
- BioViz elements reflect light for visibility
- Item #PLZ00PV
- Q & A
A nice glove for "SoCal Winter"
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This glove fills a nice niche in the 45-65 degree range. They're perfect for when my hands would otherwise be frozen when I roll out the door, but not so warm that I'm overheated half-way through the ride as it warms up.
I used them for crit practice this morning in the soaking rain (53-60 degrees). They performed well, but they soaked through after about an hour. Even so my fingers were not cold until I stopped riding. I'll try spraying them with Scotchgard the next time to see if they perform any better. For this reason I'd say these gloves are 5/5 in dry conditions, and 4/5 in wet.
The rubberized strips on the palms grip the hoods well in the wet, but I noticed no additional grip on my wet bar tape (Fizik Performance). The palms have zero padding, which may be a plus or a minus depending on what you're looking for. I'd personally prefer a little more padding for longer days, but they are perfect for short commutes and even crits.
These gloves are relatively thin, feel quite dexterous, and have reasonable responsiveness on my touch screens even in wet.