ELITE Softshell Gel Glove
Though it isn't Pearl Izumi's warmest, most weather-resistant winter glove, the Women's Elite Softshell Gel Glove may be the brand's most impressive. That's because it manages to combine wind and water protection, mid-weight insulation, and a relatively well-preserved bar feel in a balanced combination that is so rare in the industry but so important for winter cycling.
Elite Softshell fabric is the gloves' main active ingredient, and Pearl engineered it to ward off wind and water from the outside while allowing breathability to keep your hands dry on the inside. The softshell is backed up with 100g of Primaloft Gold insulation, and the inner face is finished with a soft fleece liner. The palms are also lightly padded, which alleviates pressure points during long base miles spent on the hoods.
Pearl's 1:1 Glove Fit and conductive synthetic tips on the thumb and index finger help ensure that your reach on the bars is less restricted and you can still scroll through touch screen menus without expose your delicate digits to the wintery air. After all, once your hands get chilled on a bike ride, the only way to warm them up is to stop.
- A weather-resistant glove for winter cycling
- Softshell material fends off wind and water
- Primaloft insulation and fleece lining add warmth
- Targeted fit minimizes bulk to maintain bar feel
- Conductive index finger and thumb tips for touchscreen use
- Fleece wiping surface is gentle on frigid skin
- Reflective elements and extended cuffs combat winter's dark chill
- Item #PLZ00FH
- Q & A
Great winter softshell glove
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
My wife is liking her Pearl Izumi Elite Softshell Gloves so far, though it hasn't really been cold enough to take advantage of them yet. They fit true to size, are comfortable, and the color is just as it's represented in the photos. The palms have pretty serious amounts of pads, and they are soft and fleecy on the inside, which should fair for some awesome winter rides.