ELITE Gel Full-Finger Glove
We've long ridden with the mantra 'if it ain't broken don't fix it,' and while we think this saying holds a lot of water in quite a few areas, we admit that it has its shortcomings. For example, if the designers at Pearl Izumi carried on with this mantra we wouldn't receive the generous updates we didn't even know we'd want in the Elite Gel Full-Finger Gloves. These gloves provide tactile grip, and new 3D shaped pads that reduce bulk for a streamlined fit, which pairs with new 4-way stretch synthetic palms for total comfort.
- Updated and sleek ELITE Gel with new streamlined fit
- Contoured 3D shaped gel pads reduce bulk, improve grip
- New AxSuede Uno synthetic leather palm stretches 4-way, breathes
- Synthetic back of hand keeps breathability a priority
- Hook-and-loop closure provides a comfortable, reliable fit
- Reflective accents boost low-light visibility
- Touch-screen compatible index and thumb for connectivity on the bike
- Item #PLZO8AV
- [palm] AxSuede Uno synthetic leather, [back of hand] synthetic
- 3D gel
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
August 11, 2021
Not up to old PI standard
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 6` 3"
- 162 lbs
I’ve used PI gloves more than other brands for decades. Because of that, I expected to need XL to fit my fairly long fingers. The size chart only uses hand width and going by that I’d need M. I went with XL and glad I did as my fingers reach the ends. Also at my wrist (I’m thin) the closures only go about halfway. There’s no way I’d fit in M. I haven’t had them out on the bike yet but they are comfortable and the touch screen feature works. They are very similar in the functional parts as the PI ones they will replace. The disappointment is the design and quality is not up to old PI standards. These are far less well made than my last pair of the same basic thing (probably 5 yrs old). The wrist closures are thin and flimsy with Velcro sewn loosely to the fabric. I can tell that’s going to fail after not long. I’ll get the intended use out of these but I’m sure I’ll be glove shopping again pretty soon. Not good PI, you used to make high quality products that lasted a long time and were worth a bit extra cash. These aren’t.
February 27, 2021
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 1"
- 196 lbs
Very good for what we call “winter” in Southern California. No more numb fingertips in the mid-40’s type of weather. I have very large hands and the XXL is just a tad too big, which is ok.