No more punishment.
Winter cycling can be punishing enough without the added (and quite literal) pain in the ass of riding in tights with a sub-standard chamois. The Pearl Izumi Elite Escape AmFIB Men's Tight saves you that trouble, letting you layer your favorite summer bibs beneath its insulated wind- and water-resistant protection. The result is your own private summer, anywhere you go. In that event the effort ramps up, the sun comes up, or you just work up a sweat, the breathable material expels moisture, reducing the risk of a few miles spent pedaling in anger leaving you with a clammy chill for the rest of the ride.
- Cross-training tights for cold, damp conditions
- Lead into the wind with weather-resistant softshell
- Water-resistant thermal panels keep road spray out
- Lightly brushed thermal material maintains warmth
- Chamois-free construction lets you dictate your support
- Pull 'em on and off easily with ankle zips
- Reflective details catch eyes in low-light conditions
- Thigh pocket secures your key so you're not locked out in the cold
- Item #PLZ00K8
- Q & A
I wore these with PI Elite Escape Bib shorts underneath. Temps in upper 30's. The only time I thought about my legs was when they started getting tired on my 1 hr road bike road. Although it wasn't windy, I didn't notice any cold air on my downhills. I'm 5'7, 180 lbs. sz M. They were snug but fit like they should. I like the ankle zipper with zipper garage. Fleece lined inside and soft. I thought I might experience some discomfort on the back of my knee due to possible gathering of extra material there which didn't occur on my ride. The version of this with Chamois is an extra $14.