Select a Size
Select a Color
ELITE Escape Barrier Jacket
More packable than a rain jacket and more protective than a windbreaker, the Pearl Izumi Elite Barrier Jacket acts as a breathable fortress against windy weather and scattered showers. The shell's DWR treatment beads off light showers and road spray from dampening your inner layers, while the full-length draft flap seals out rogue gusts. Plus, its highly breathable polyester shell enhances thermo-regulation, keeping the inside from turning into a sauna on wet, muggy rides.
The anatomic, yet relaxed cut keeps it comfortable through a wide range of cycling positions. Best of all, it packs down small enough to fit into your jersey's rear pocket for deployable protection on-the-fly, should the weather change at a moment's notice. Other key features include a drop-tail rear hem for extra protection, as well as elasticized hem and cuffs for a secure, stay-put fit. You'll also appreciate the jacket's highly visible logo and reflective hits for extra safety at night.
- Light cycling jacket for uncertain weather conditions
- Poly fabric with DWR delivers wind- and water-resistance
- Semi-fitted design keeps protection close to body
- Elastic hem and cuffs seal in warmth and keep out the elements
- Reflective elements boost your overall visibility at night
- One rear zippered pocket keeps essentials safe
- Silicone gripper at waist holds the jacket in position
- Item #PLZ00P9
- ELITE Barrier (100% polyester), DWR
- spring, fall
- full-length Vislon zipper
- 1 zippered back
- BioViz elements
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- commuting, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
November 20, 2019
Not a good jacket at all
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This jacket runs small. I usually wear a large, but bumped up to an XL to allow for a base layer. Still too small. The cuffs are have very cheap elastic and does not compress at all. No pockets in the front. Wore it once in 55 degree weather with a light base layer. Did not keep out any type of wind or retain heat. This product needs rethinking.
November 20, 2019
Hey Barron, I am sorry to hear that this jacket didn't quite work for you. I am happy to send you a free return label if you want to send it back to us. Thanks for the review, it really helps out our community.
July 19, 2019
Be Seen, Be Safe
PEARL iZUMi's BioViz construction incorporates three main elements: use of high powered reflectivity, true fluorescent colors, and strategic patterning.