ELITE Barrier Convertible Jacket
When inclement weather is on the horizon, slide into the versatile Pearl Izumi Elite Barrier Convertible Women's Jacket. With its removable sleeves, you can adjust to the conditions on hand, in real-time, so you're never caught out by a sneaky storm or surprise sunburst.
Pearl's Elite Barrier fabric sheds wind while providing light water-resistance for coverage during sudden storms. When the weather breaks, removing the sleeves and stashing them in the back pocket is a quick and easy solution to your coverage conundrum. Pearl also incorporates its Direct Vent extra-breathable panels around the underarms and back in order to provide extra ventilation to the core.
When things are a little chillier, the inner collar's micromesh lining adds a soft and warm sensation to the neck when fully zipped up. The full-length front zipper also does its part by featuring an internal draft flap and zipper garage to prevent discomfort from cold air and abrasive zippers. Additionally, elastic hems at the wrist and waist keep drafts out and your body heat in. BioViz Reflective details help keep you visible in low-light conditions, and the combination of zippered hand and drop-in back pockets keep your ride essentials accessible.
- Wind jacket that can be converted into a vest
- Adjust to changing temperatures via removable sleeves
- Main fabric blocks wind and is water-resistant
- Ventilation on back helps shed core heat
- Full-length zipper with draft flap blocks cold air
- BioViz reflective elements enhance visibility to cars in low light
- Elastic hems with silicone gripper on waist provide secure fit
- Integrated strap allows storage on bike
- Item #PLZ00PK
- [main fabric] Elite Barrier (100% polyester), [lining] 100% polyester
- spring, fall, winter
- Direct-Vent mesh panel on back
- 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered rear
- BioViz elements
- Claimed Weight
- [medium] 202g
- Recommended Use
- commuting, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 24, 2019
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
This jacket was everything I had been looking for: vest with sleeves to add for a jacket, front pockets and a rear pocket, high vis, 2 way zipper, fits well. Unfortunately it isn't warm at all. Barely blocks any wind. I've ridden it from 40-70 degrees, with and without sleeves, with different jerseys underneath. It is good for high vis (I bought orange), not for warmth. If the material were thicker and blocked wind, and the shoulder area on the vest was solid, not mesh, it would be perfect. Really it is only good as a super thin layer.
December 16, 2019
Good, lightweight jacket.
- I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Really well constructed and versatile jacket. Packs away nicely so it’s there when you need it. Not sure I love the mesh back with only a single Velcro closure. It would be nice to have the ability to zip the back shut when in jacket mode and only have the mesh when in vest mode.