Boulevard Merino 1/4 Zip
The Pearl Izumi Boulevard Merino 1/4 Zip can be layered with a softshell jacket for winter cycling, or worn on its own when you're just hanging out. Responsibly sourced Merino wool is combined with fast-drying polyester, resulting in a comfortable piece that regulates temperature when it's chilly, but allows you to stay dry when you're working hard.
- Merino wool cycling shirt that works well on or off the bike
- Part of the Bikestyle line that blends performance and casual
- Can be worn as a base layer or as a standalone piece
- Merino wool naturally regulates temperature and resists odor
- Blended with moisture-wicking polyester to help you stay dry
- Slight drop tail offers a bit more coverage on the bike
- 1/4-length zipper can be opened up for ventilation
- Reflective elements to help you be seen in low light
- Item #PLZ00U3
What do you think about this product?
January 13, 2020
GoTo base layer
I wear this base layer often, and as Pearl Izumi intended, as a casual shirt also. Very thin, effective at keeping me warm (retaining body warmth while breathing) as only wool does best. Yet it doesn't look or feel like other wool clothing, having a feel and look of such quality that gives me the impression it is going to last a long time. Making it thin, I don't mind wearing it under long sleeve jerseys, or under jackets, as it is so light but effective. I return from rides with it being dry, and those rides include hard efforts and climbing. So this shows me how efficient it is. This is the best wool layer I have used, so well worth the price.
January 8, 2020
Good, but not form-fitting
Nice top, but definitely not form-fitting. The slack material is a bit awkward under my actually form-fitting cycling jacket. I guess that's what they mean by saying it's also good for casual wear.