The finer things.
Treat yourself to decadent comfort in the saddle like never before with the Pearl Izumi Black PI Jersey. Crafted from a premium Italian PRO Transfer fabric, this jersey wraps you with a luxurious hand and ensures maximum moisture-wicking, breathable comfort to handle hotter days out on the road. Pearl Izumi then counteracts the potential of bad weather by treating this jersey with PI Dry, an all-weather, water-shedding performance technology that keeps you comfortably dry when some light rain clouds interrupt the ride. Unbelievably smooth next-to-skin comfort comes standard courtesy of the fully bonded construction and seam-free sonic-cut hems, while the anatomic articulated raglan sleeves optimize your fit when you get into the cycling position.
- Impeccably-made road jersey for max comfort and performance
- Premium fabric wicks sweat and wraps you in velvety comfort
- PI Dry treatment sheds water in all-weather rides
- Form-fitting design keeps performance fibers close to skin
- Fully bonded construction delivers soft, chafe-free comfort
- BioViz reflective elements add visibility in the dark
- Sonic-cut hems are soft and seamless
- Multiple rear pockets carry along gels, water, and snacks
- Item #PLZ00Q4
- Q & A
Wait, Who Makes This?
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
My first shorts were Pearl, like 15 years ago. Shorts, not bibs. They had a drawstring and a thin foam chamois in them and they did the job. Years later and my closet is full of Assos, Castelli, and Giordana clothing, no shorts either, just bibs, glad I figured that one out quickly.
I was told that Pearl had some all new gear coming out in the Pearl Izumi Black line and the new PRO line and that it was unlike anything else Pearl had made so I tried some on. The fit is fantastic, shaped for riding and not for standing around in. The sleeves and shorts are a modern, longer length and the material quality is amazing. I wear an XL in Assos and the Pearl Jersey and shorts have a similar size. Not too small like the Castelli tends to run.
Bottom line, if you are looking for a top shelf kit, you should really look at the Pearl Izumi Black gear, it is fantastic.
Top shelf P.I.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
No pinching, no binding, no bunching. This is the closest I've come to the proverbial second skin. It uses a mesh material where you want to breathe and an aero material elsewhere. This gives a great balance of comfort and speed. The sleeve is a bit longer than normal, which reduces drag on the upper arm. You're going to feel like a pro in this jersey.