Select Style & Size
Swiftcurrent Expedition Zip-Front Waders
- Waders for fly fishing in still or moving water
- Waterproof membrane seals out water under pressure
- Recycled polyester offers more sustainable durability
- Double-taped seams ensure a long-lasting seal
- Submersible zipper offers access without exposure
- Removable foam kneepads protect your patellas
- Neoprene-free Yulex booties offer a sock-like fit
- Item #PATZ9HL
- Responsible Collection
- [membrane/laminate] H2No Performance Standard (4-layer), [face fabric] 100% recycled polyester, DWR
- Belt Included
- quick-release, adjustable
- 2 zippered, 2 interior drop, 1 flip-out pouch
- Claimed Weight
- 4lb 2oz
- Recommended Use
- river fishing, saltwater fishing, stillwater fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
June 14, 2021
Very Nice Waders - couple of things...
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 6` 3"
- 290 lbs
Let me preface by saying that these did not work for me - simply too large. I am 6'3" tall with a short torso (size regular or medium backpack), 290 lbs, 39" waist and 54" chest. I wear a size 14 trail runner and a size 13 hiking boot and dress shoe. I purchased the size 3LL. There is no 2XLong only 2XR. This may sound like a negative review, but I am just trying to be concise. In fact, as soon as the XLL is back in stock I am going to try them. The good: These look amazing - I don't believe there is a better looking wader on the market. The front zip is money and the pockets are amply sized (both hand and storage). I imagine these would keep you dry (from the outside) indefinitely. The feet were perfectly sized for a 14. The Bad: Huge. Certainly, there are benefits to extra girth and length, but these were massive in size. They were +/- 6" too baggy around my chest and stomach and even with the sides cinched all the way, they were still +/- 2" too big for how I like waders to fit. The legs were also very loose and they were a little too long. They were hot... damn hot... but it is very hot and humid in Memphis. The fleece lining in the booties made my feet sweat immediately. I would have preferred a more common quick release buckle. I really struggled with the clips for the harness while wearing. I do think I would get used to this, but it wasn't intuitive at first. As far as a comparable wader, I can really only compare these to the Simms G3 Guide in a 2XL. - these felt much heavier than the Simms. - the material felt less supple (it seemed thicker and stiffer). - I believe the Simms breathe better. - Again, 3X vs. 2X, but there is more than a 1X difference in the 2. - the booties are cut larger. Simms are a little tight on me. I reached out to Patagonia for the actual measurements - this would have been super helpful and saved me from trying the 3LL. Actual Measurements of 3LL: 61 Waist / 62 Chest / 37 inseam from gusset to floor.