When you're spending long days along peaceful mountain rivers it's easy to focus more on the scenery than the fishing. Patagonia thinks so too, which is why they redesigned one of their most beloved fishing jackets to feature almost entirely recycled materials, easing the environmental cost during production so our wild spaces and streams can stay as healthy as possible.
- Eco-friendly performance fishing jacket capable of deep wading
- H2No membrane shuts out moisture from cold mountain streams
- Oversized chest pockets feature lots of space for flies and tools
- Pockets are set high for security when wading in deep waters
- Stretchy cuffs lie flat, resist line snagging, and seal out water
- Hood adjusts in a single pull when rain and spray strike
- Belt loop on the back lets you cinch a wading belt over the jacket
- Front utility loops and rear pocket add extra gear storage
- Item #PATZ9GU
- [membrane/laminate] H2No, [shell] double ripstop recycled nylon, DWR coating, [cuffs] Reverse StretchCoat
- [external] 2 large chest, 2 zippered handwarmer, 1 zippered back, [internal] 1 chest stash
- fully sealed
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 3.5oz
- Recommended Use
- fly fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 12, 2014
The SST is still the best
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
Simms makes a great wading jacket, but the SST is still the best. The fit, function and simplicity of the SST is second to none. The supple fabric rests on your shoulders for a great fit that doesn't add extra fabric that only gets in the way. The dolphin cuffs are a life saver when you are releasing that Winter steelhead or you are getting drenched by salt spray fishing for striped bass off Montauk. The simple pockets are perfectly sealed and are bellows stitched to hold your lunch and some streamer boxes, and the wader belt loop is there if you really want to button up. Finally, the length is perfect. You want to wear this outside of your waders so you want something long enough to keep water out of the waders, but something short enough to stay out of the way if you are deep wading. Patagonia has been making jackets for a long time and it shows in the SST.
February 25, 2012
Patagonia SST Jacket is awesome
This Patagonia SST Jacket is great for cold weather fishing. I wear a medium in pretty much every jacket and this one fits true to size.