Snow Guide Pant
For those who make their living off guiding and those who are mainly focused on guiding friends to their favorite backcountry ski spot, there's the Patagonia Snow Guide Pant. This stretchy softshell pant offers plenty of mobility and breathable comfort for long ski tours in the backcountry. The nylon, polyester, and spandex blend will move with you up steep bootpacks and gradual skintrack climbs, and it'll stay plenty breathable too, ensuring that you won't start sweating through your layers. When you start to work up a sweat on the most strenuous missions, the back thigh vents will let in cool air for some serious temperature regulation. Elasticized suspenders keep your pants secure, while gaiters in the ankle keep snow out of your boot when you hike and ski through deep snow. A metal buckle at the ankle offers easy adjustment even with gloves on, and zippered hand and thigh pockets round everything out, ensuring that you have storage for smaller safety gear, maps, and anything else you need.
- A stretchy and breathable softshell pant for backcountry touring
- Stretch fabric and articulated patterning help you move
- Back thigh vents let you further breathability with easy regulation
- Boot gaiters keep snow out and adjustable cuffs ensure a snug fit
- Removable shoulder straps keep your pants from sliding
- Hand and thigh pockets let you carry along important items
- Item #PAT02LP
- Q & A
More of a 'mom jean' style :)
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Whoops, how did I miss that these were a men's styling? Oh well, they had kind of an awesome "mom jeans" type fit which I sorta dug on the mountain.
They're ultra light pants, I used them for spring skiing as a comfortable waterproof layer. They were relaxed; a little tight over my snowboarding boot - but not as a bothersome level.
Great snow pants
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
I gave these as a gift and have received great feedback: "I love my snow pants. Great fit. I'm 6' 2" and they're perfect. Breathable, not too hot but just warm enough."
Are these pants waterproof?
Hi Amy, these pants have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to repel moisture. But not 100% water "proof". If you have any further questions on gear, feel free to email me at email@example.com.