R2 Fleece Vest
It's always smart to have an extra layer in your pack, and if you want that layer to be loaded with breathable core warmth, then the Patagonia R2 Fleece Vest is the one for you. This slim-fitting and lightweight fleece keeps you warm and comfortable thanks to its high-loft fleece and innovative design. Polartec Thermal Pro fabric up front offers soft and cozy warmth where you need it, while R1 Polartec Power Grid panels on the side boost breathability, stretch, and abrasion resistance. Both fabrics wick moisture and dry quickly so you can use it as a midlayer during active pursuits. Designed to work under outerwear and packs, this vest features raglan shoulder seams for mobility and comfort, as well as harness and pack compatible hand pockets for access to gear and snacks on warmer adventures.
- A midlayer vest with breathable warmth and all-around comfort
- High loft fleece in the body gives you reliable core warmth
- Power Grid side panels deliver added breathability and stretch
- Raglan shoulder seams are comfortable under shells and packs
- Hand pockets are easy to access with a pack belt or harness on
- Internal drop-in pockets give you even more storage
- Item #PAT02J9
- Q & A
Useful Mid-Layer Piece
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: xs
- Height: 5'0"
- Weight: 100lbs
I was looking for a low bulk, lightweight vest to wear under my ski jackets on colder days that had some stretch and breathability to it. This fis the bill perfectly. I usually wear an xs or s in tops. I am 5', 100lb, 34 c, and the extra small of this vest fit me well. I think it runs true to size.
How does this vest compare to Patagonia’s Performance Better Sweater Fleece Vest? Any feedback you can provide is appreciated!!
Hi Lauren- In terms of the fit the two vests should be very comparable. In terms of the materials they are quite different. This vest is going to have more of a "furry" fleece like feel as the Performance offers the Polartec Stretch.