Select style & size:Select options
R1 Lite Yulex Long-Sleeve Top
Patagonia is a known problem-solver, and with the Women's R1 Lite Yulex Long-Sleeve Top they've found a sustainable way to get you out into the summer surf with a smile on your face and a happy heart. This 1.5-millimeter wetsuit top is a great addition for cutting the chill of breezy conditions and early morning surf. It's constructed with Yulex natural rubber for high-performance capabilities and added warmth, but without the petroleum and harmful chemicals required for neoprene production.
It took Patagonia years of research and design to solve surfing's dirtiest problem, which is the use of petroleum-based neoprene in traditional wetsuits. Patagonia claims Yulex natural rubber reduces their wetsuit CO2 emissions by a whopping 80% over standard neoprene-based wetsuits. And this season Patagonia has updated the construction to be stretchier, lighter, and more comfortable than before.
For greater insight into Yulex natural rubber, it's sourced from a Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified rubber plantation in the highlands of Guatemala. This gives Patagonia total oversight over the production process, maintaining the highest degree of environmental and social responsibility—all without deforesting sensitive ecosystems like many rubber plantations.
- An eco-friendly wetsuit jacket for warm spring surfing
- Yulex natural rubber delivers sustainable warmth
- Performance construction ensures stretchy comfort
- Full-length front zipper makes for effortless exit and entry
- Flatlock seams eliminate chaffing and hot spots
- Corrosion-proof Salmi zipper built to last
- Easy-access key loop comes in handy for solo days at the beach
- Patagonia was founded in Ventura, CA in 1973
- Item #PAT02W1
What do you think about this product?