Warm summer waves are much more enjoyable when you have the flexible and eco-friendly protection of the Patagonia Men's R1 Lite Yulex Full-Zip Spring Suit. Traditional wetsuits are made with energy-intensive, petroleum-based neoprene, which can be a tough pill to swallow for the the environmentally conscious surfer. Luckily, Patagonia developed a new material made from Yulex natural rubber in order to decrease environmental impact without compromising performance.
Unlike traditional neoprene, Patagonia's Yulex rubber is derived from natural sources that have been certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and the Rainforest Alliance. This means that the rubber was harvested in a way that doesn't contribute to deforestation and maintains the ecological integrity of the forest. In addition to environmental concerns, certification also ensures that the long-term social and economic well-being of forest workers and communities is maintained. Of course, none of this means anything if the quality isn't up to par, which is why it has also been developed and tested to meet Patagonia's rigorous standards for performance, durability, and warmth.
- Eco-friendly flexibility for warm waters
- Yulex natural rubber is sustainably harvested
- Recycled lining improves flex and dry time
- Triple GBS seams are tough and flexible
- Internal taping at high-stress seam points
- Asymmetric zipper is easier to get in and out of
- Corrosion-proof Salmi zipper is replaceable
- Patagonia is committed to improving environmental stewardship
- Item #PAT01WH