Select Style & Size
R1 Lite Yulex Front-Zip Long-Sleeve Spring Suit
The Patagonia Women's R1 Lite Yulex Front-Zip Long-Sleeve Spring Suit is back, now lighter, stretchier, and even more comfortable than before. Patagonia reformulated its eco-friendly Yulex material to deliver on such promises, giving you all the freedom you need to boogie the day away on your board. The R1 Lite Yulex offers protection and freedom of movement for shredding in warmer seas, and it's built with innovative materials that make it far more sustainable than traditional neoprene wetsuits.
While standard neoprene is made with an energy-intensive, petroleum-based process, Patagonia's Yulex rubber is sourced from plantations in the Guatemalan highlands that have been certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and the Rainforest Alliance. What this means is that it was harvested in a way that "isn't contributing to deforestation, and that it's managed in a way that maintains the ecological functions and integrity of the forest", and "enhances the long-term social and economic well-being of forest workers and communities". Of course, none of this means anything if the quality isn't up to par, which is why it has also been developed and tested to meet Patagonia's rigorous standards for performance, durability, and warmth.
- An eco-friendly wetsuit for warm, sunny waves
- Sustainably sourced Yulex provides stretchy comfort
- Recycled lining improves flex and dry time
- Triple GBS seams offer tough and flexible resilience
- Internal taping at high-stress seam points increases durability
- Asymmetric zipper ensures a simple-to-operate in and out
- Corrosion-proof Salmi zipper can be replaced if needed
- Patagonia leads the industry in sustainable innovation
- Item #PAT02W6
- Responsible Collection
- Certified B-Corp, Recycled/Repurposed, Responsibly Sourced
- [main] 85% Yulex natural rubber, 15% synthetic rubber, [lining] 100% recycled polyester jersey, [face fabric] 88% recycled polyester, 12% spandex
- Water Temp
- 65 - 75F
- Seam Construction
- triple glued, blindstitched
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
October 27, 2020
Too small but a great suit
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 5"
- 140 lbs
Are you tired of everything in your house smelling like a skunk because you have to store a neoprene wetsuit somewhere? I was, so I returned one and was resigned to a shorter swimming season. Then I learned about Yulex and gave this stuff a try! While I had to return this particular suit because it was too small (stick to the sizing chart Patagonia provides! It’s accurate!), I found an R2 long arm/long leg suit and it’s made fall swimming a dream! Very well made & keeps me warm! And I feel good about how & where it was made and that the person who made it was paid and treated fairly! Pricey compared to neoprene, but worth it if you can afford it! BEST OF ALL: SKUNK-FREE!!!