Micro Puff Vest
Much easier and more comfortable than fitting a woodstove into your ski pack, the Patagonia Women's Micro Puff Vest uses revolutionary PlumaFill insulation to keep your core incredibly toasty at an unbelievably low weight. The down-like PlumaFill insulation is exceptionally light, stays warm when wet, and maintains its heat-trapping loft after continued soaking and abuse. Then, the Pertex Quantum shell holds up against abrasion and light precipitation thanks to its DWR-treated design, while the center-front zipper's wicking interior stormflap and zipper garage provide you with next-to-skin comfort that won't rub your chin raw. And when it's time to pack up this vest, the left hand zippered pocket acts as a stuff sack for easy transport in the backcountry.
- Versatile, toasty, and lightweight vest for outdoor adventures
- PlumaFill insulation mimics down for lofty warmth and packability
- Pertex Quantum shell is durable and water-resistant
- Quilted construction stabilizes loft to maximize heat-retention
- Front zipper has wicking stormflap and zipper garage for comfort
- Zippered pockets stash small items, and left one acts as a stuff sack
- Item #PAT028S
What do you think about this product?
January 3, 2010
I wanted a warm, light and compressible vest but wanted to avoid down. Gear Chat recommended the Micro Puff and I think it was a good choice. The vest is of good quality, I like the partly recycled aspect, it is light and reasonably warm. I wore it in snow (25°F) with a light icebreaker underneath (snow shoveling and running around with the dog)and was very comfy. I am 5'6 140lb and got a Medium which has some room for layers. The armholes could be a bit more fitted and I wish the back of the vest was elongated. However,I am happy with its performance so far and think it will work great for all my outdoor endeavors (and the chilly library).