Why We Like The Patagonia Micro Puff Hooded Insulated Jacket
Patagonia's Micro Puff Hooded Insulated Jacket keeps gram count low and comfort high on wintry backpacking missions and alpine climbing pursuits. Rock's bite and exposure's wind can't break through the rugged exterior, while the ultralight, recycled fill keeps us cozy, trapping heat even when wet.
- Ultralight and ultra-warm jacket for icefalls and big walls
- Ripstop material provides windproof and tear-resistant performance
- Water-repelling finish stops drizzles and flurries from soaking in
- Synthetic fill mimics down to insulate without bulk and heft
- Minimal stitch quilting maximizes loft for increased warmth
- Low-profile, insulated hood slips easily under your helmet
- Elastic binding at cuffs, hem, and hood to help lock in heat
- Item #PATZA2G
- Responsible Collection
- Bluesign Approved, Recycled/Repurposed
- Netplus (10D 100% recycled nylon ripstop from fishing nets), PFC-free DWR finish
- 65g PlumaFill (100% recycled polyester)
- Center Back Length
- [medium] 27.5in
- fixed, elastic binding, under-the-helmet compatible
- [external] 2 zippered handwarmer (one packable with reinforced carabiner clip-in loop), [internal] 2 drop-in
- Claimed Weight
- casual, hiking, backpacking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
3.5 based on 4 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
January 1, 2023
December 25, 2022
Different From Old Models
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
- 5' 11"
I have the same jacket from 2020 and things are definitely different here. The jacket has become considerably thinner, and strangely smaller. I am 5 11 and 182 lb, and L seems tight. An awkward seam runs on the upper back, making it incredibly uncomfortable. It was perfect before, why change? I noticed the pattern with Patagonia, and their new things are not as good as before. Sad.
December 24, 2022
Would not recommend
It looks good. It's warm. What I don't like is the insulation fibers come out where the treads are. I sent the first one back thinking it was a flute. The one they exchanged it with is doing the same after I wore it a couple times
December 7, 2022
Best of all worlds
- Size Bought:
- 6' 2"
Warm, light, and breathable. What else could you ask for? Arm holes are a little tight for broad shoulders, needed to size up.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help