Moving closer to sustainable surf.
Looking at the big picture, surfers are well aware of the dire environmental consequences of our fossil fuel-intensive lifestyle. Part of the problem is the petroleum-based neoprene inherent to traditional wetsuits, which is something that's been a dirty secret in the surfing industry. Patagonia's commitment to sustainability runs deep and they've been working hard to reinvent the traditional wetsuit by swapping petroleum-based neoprene for Yulex natural rubber found in the Men's R1 Yulex Front-Zip Full Suit.
Patagonia's Yulex comes from Rainforest Alliance and FSC Certified rubber plantations in Guatemala, meaning you can feel good about where your wetsuit is coming from—without it leading to deforestation or being solely reliant on petroleum-based neoprene. Best of all, the R1 Yulex performs just like any high-performance wetsuit, so you'll stay pleasantly warm and able to freely surf at your favorite break.
It's constructed with an anatomical, motion-friendly design for comfort and flexibility in the lineup, lined with a stretchy, quick-drying thermal jersey for warmth. This particular R1 Yulex Fullsuit features a floating front-zip entry with a replaceable, corrosion-resistant Salmi zipper for years of longevity. All seams are triple-glued and internally taped to keep water from seeping through and chilling your core. Patagonia recommends this wetsuit for water temperatures of 60 to 65 degrees, meaning it's likely to be used throughout much of the surf season, depending on your local conditions.
- Yulex natural rubber makes this wetsuit a sustainable alternative
- Yulex natural rubber from FSC Certified plantations in Guatemala
- 3/2.5mm thickness intended for water temps of 60 to 65° F
- Anatomical, motion-friendly design with floating front-zip entry
- Lined with stretchy, quick-drying thermal jersey for warmth
- Triple-glued, internally taped seams keep chilly water out
- Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs for extra durability
- Item #PAT02GA