One step closer to sustainability.
As a whole, surfers are well aware of the dire environmental consequences of our fossil fuel-intensive lifestyles. Part of the problem is the petroleum-based neoprene inherent to traditional wetsuits, which is something that's been a dirty secret of the surfing industry. Patagonia's commitment to sustainability runs deep and they've been working hard to reinvent the traditional wetsuit by swapping petroleum-based neoprene for Yulex natural rubber found in the Men's R1 Yulex Back-Zip Full Suit.
Patagonia's Yulex is sourced from Rainforest Alliance and FSC Certified rubber plantations in Guatemala, meaning you can feel good about where your wetsuit is coming from—without it leading to deforestation or being solely reliant on petroleum-based neoprene. Best of all, the R1 Yulex performs just like any high-performance wetsuit, meaning you'll be pleasantly warm and able to freely surf at your favorite break.
It's designed with an anatomical, motion-friendly design for comfort and flexibility in the lineup, lined with a stretchy, quick-drying thermal jersey for warmth. This particular R1 Yulex Fullsuit features a back-zip for easier entry, complete with an internal gasket that keeps chilly water from flowing inside. It's finished with Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs for a bit more durability, as well as triple-glued, internally taped seams to keep chilly water out.
- Sustainable wetsuit replaces neoprene with Yulex natural rubber
- Yulex natural rubber from FSC Certified plantations in Guatemala
- 3/2.5mm thickness intended for water temps of 60 to 65° F
- Anatomical, motion-friendly design with back-zip for easy entry
- Lined with a stretchy, quick-drying thermal jersey for warmth
- Triple-glued, internally taped seams keep chilly water out
- Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs for extra durability
- Item #PAT02GB