Why We Like The Lightweight Better Sweater Shelled Jacket
For added defense from unexpected weather, Patagonia upgraded the Better Sweater Shelled Jacket with increased protection in key areas to help keep us comfortable and dry. Reinforcements on the upper body shed light rain thanks to its DWR coating, while super soft recycled polyester fleece keeps you warm and cozy.
- Classic fleece jacket with added protection from light weather
- Recycled polyester fleece adds lightweight warmth
- Stretch construction moves with you for added comfort
- Zippered pockets securely hold any essentials
- Spandex bindings at cuffs and collar reduce drafts
- Regular fit promotes a modern profile and open mobility
- Item #PATZ9FL
- Responsible Collection
- [face fabric] 100% recycled polyester, [reinforced yoke] 87% recycled polyester, 13% elastane, DWR coating
- Fleece Weight
- Center Back Length
- [medium] 27in
- 2 zippered handwarmer
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 3.1oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
April 28, 2020
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 174 lbs
Keep in mind that this is not the same weight as the standard Better Sweater, this is the lightweight version. That means the material will be thinner and not as heavy. This is perfect for me since I get warm easily and I love that this jacket provides enough warmth during springtime temperatures where I don’t overheat. The shelling on the jacket does a good job at blocking wind whereas the versions without the shelling don’t do too well in this area. The jacket is not a slim fit which is disappointing and fits a bit more boxy, but it’s not a huge deal. I do have an issue with the pricing though. This thing is expensive for a Better Sweater and given that it doesn’t provide a ton of warmth it can be a tough recommendation.
April 15, 2020
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 220 lbs
I never had this brand before , but I can say its a big no-no . The material is very thin and flimsy , fit is very boxy , runs large around your stomach -not recommended for athletic body , and , overpriced . This item will be returned asap I have same kinda fleece sweater from different brands at same or less price range ..but a way better quality . So sad so bad Patagonia .