Shoot for the summit.
Built for belaying in below-freezing temps and waiting out blizzards at base camp in comfort, the Patagonia Men's Hyper Puff Hooded Jacket delivers serious warmth in a lightweight and stretchy package that's primed for alpine assaults. Patagonia's warmest synthetic insulation keeps you toasty while staying light and packable, and the entire garment flexes for easy movement in the mountains.
Part of the secret to this jacket's alpine prowess is its innovative HyperDAS insulation, which maximizes dead air space (DAS) for greater heat retention, less weight, and superior compressibility. There's also twice as much insulation in the torso to keep your core toasty without adding bulk or restricting mobility in other areas. Pertex Quantum fabric offers featherweight toughness, shields your from wind and snow, and stretches to accommodate climbing movements. Patagonia also included a stuff sack for easy storage in your pack at warmer lower elevations, so you can keep it neatly tucked away until you have to brave the weather near the summit.
- Lightweight, flexible protection for getting active in the alpine
- HyperDAS insulation is ultra-warm and ultra-compressible
- Pertex Quantum fabric is light, water-resistant, and stretchy
- Engineered patterning provides maximum articulation
- Single-pull adjustable hood fits over helmet
- Elasticized cuffs and drawcord hem seal out the elements
- Fold-over zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Includes stuff sack for easy storage
- Item #PAT01ZT
- Q & A
Curious: whats the difference between this and the hyper puff parka? looks like the parka is heavier; does it have a bigger/longer cut but the same amount of insulation "per baffle," or does the hoody just have less insulation?