Gritstone Rock Pant
From dusty desert crags to multi-pitch meccas, the Patagonia Men's Gritstone Rock Pant provides uncompromising mobility, abrasion-resistance, and harness-accessible storage for climbers seeking a pant to fulfill ambitious projects in. Seeing you'll be wearing this pant in constant rotation throughout the climbing season, it's smartly equipped with an anti-odor treatment for freshness when you leave the crag.
Patagonia distilled decades of climbing experience into the making of the Gritstone Rock Pant, hooking it up with a stretch-canvas fabric that's highly breathable, resistant to abrasion, and treated with a DWR to repel the elements. Patagonia then uses an articulated cut and gusseted crotch to ensure full range of motion when you're pushing yourself on exceedingly difficult grades. Lie-flat, slanted hand pockets are easily accessible with a harness on, plus there's an OppoSet waist adjustment that prevents it from slipping down as you climb.
- Essential durability and uncompromising stretch for climbers
- Stretch-canvas fabric withstands abrasion and ensures mobility
- Gusseted crotch and articulated design for full range of motion
- Lie-flat, slanted hand pockets are accessible with a harness on
- Side pocket with elastic mesh envelope provides extra storage
- OppoSet waist tightens with minimal hassle for a secure fit
- Anti-odor treatment for lasting freshness on climbing trips
- DWR finish repels rain showers and accidental spills
- Item #PAT02CA
- Responsible Collection
- Certified B-Corp, Organic Materials
- stretch canvas (67% organic cotton, 33% polyester), anti-odor treatment, DWR finish
- 2 slanted hand w/mesh bags, 1 side w/elastic mesh envelope, 2 rear drop-in
- OppoSet adjustable waist, belt loops
- zip fly
- Gusseted Crotch
- yes, articulated pattern and gusseted crotch
- Claimed Weight
- 1 lb 3 oz
- Recommended Use
- bouldering, sport climbing, trad climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
July 17, 2019
Nice, but notfor me
- I returned this product before using it
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 2"
- 210 lbs
These are well constructed trousers but when I wear them I find that there is not enough room at the knee and thigh. When you bend your leg(s) as in walking and climbing there is a considerable friction pull at that critical point. These pants will be very tiring to wear in climbing and walking which requires much leg/knee bending and flex. I returned them. They are truly work pants which would be good for wear of relatively short periods, but not for hour after hour of hiking and/or climbing.
January 21, 2019
Climbing work pants
- I've used it several times
- True to size
If you’re looking for a thicker, durable climbing pant, these are perfect. They’re not ideal for climbing in the heat of the summer like the Venga or RPS rock pant, but great for those spring and fall climbs or climbing in an air conditioned gym. The reinforced knees and gusseted crotch along with the blend of canvas and polyester make these both durable and flexible at the same time!
May 18, 2019
How is the thigh room with these pants?
May 20, 2019
Hey Joseph! These are pretty middle of the road in terms of sizing so they won't be tight but they aren't baggy either. The stretch fabric will give you some more room in the thighs if needed and will allow for some more mobility as well. Let me know if you have any other questions or want me to help you narrow down some sizing!