The wind is howling, the snow is swirling, and yet, you keep pressing onward and upward to the summit thanks to the Patagonia Galvanized Jacket. Fortified for winter's worst, the 3-layer, waterproof, breathable H2No Performance Shell repels water, snow, and wind, while the jersey knit backer wicks moisture to keep you dry and warm in mountainous terrain. When the ascent gets really strenuous, underarm vents open to dump excess heat to keep you dry and comfortable.
Covering all aspects of comfort, not just temperature control, an engineered pattern that eliminates seams from the shoulders and back gives you unprecedented freedom of movement when lifting that ice-ax or reaching for your next hold. With that ice ax in hand, you can easily adjust both the helmet-compatible hood and hem with the other hand. You can even grab snacks on the fly with convenient, watertight, high hand pockets without stopping the expedition to take off a pack or harness.
- Weatherproof and flexible jacket for exploring bold alpine terrain
- H2No Performance Standard shell blocks moisture during storms
- Stretchy and durable fabric keeps you mobile as you hike and climb
- Soft jersey-knit backer wicks moisture for comfort during ascents
- Zero shoulder, back seams enhance mobility and eliminate hot spots
- Hood is helmet compatible and easily adjustable for high visibility
- High hand pockets are easily accessible with a harness or pack
- Patagonia designs long lasting products from eco-friendly materials
- Item #PAT031O
- [membrane/laminate] H2No Performance (3-layer), [face fabric] 88% recycled polyester, 12% spandex, DWR treatment
- Optimal Visibility Hood
- 2 zippered handwarmer, 1 zippered chest
- underarm zippers
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, backpacking, ice climbing, mountaineering, ski mountaineering, trad climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
July 8, 2020
Favorite for Alpine ANYTHING
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 160 lbs
I looooove this jacket. There are a few Patagonia items that are really really worth the price and this is one of them. It's super lightweight and takes up very little room in a pack, is comfortable and not too swampy to wear (not the MOST breathable in the world but a good trade for how well it sheds water and snow). The stretchy fabric is really soft and not noisy, which is just nice. I love a nice big chest pocket and the hand pockets are placed so that you can access them pretty well with a backpack or harness on. The pit zips are big and awesome for dumping heat. As far as sizing, I'm 5'9" 36DD, dress size 8 or 10, really lanky... the arm length in the large is great for my monkey arms. I could probably have done a medium for a more fitted fit but for layering the large is still nicely tailored with plenty of room for layers (for reference, I usually wear a medium in PG's "regular fit" and a large in their "slim fit" stuff). This jacket combined with the Nano Puff is my favorite backcountry combo to-date!