When you're heading towards the highest heights and most technical ascents, don't forget to bring along the Patagonia Galvanized Jacket. Designed to meet the demands of serious alpine climbers and mountaineers, this jacket features a fully waterproof three-layer H2No membrane that offers lightweight protection from ever-changing high-altitude elements. It's made with a super stretchy fabric and boasts a seamless construction on the shoulders and back, ensuring that you have all the movement you need when you're navigating icy walls or scrambling to cold summits. The backing fabric trades the usual technical feeling for a soft jersey-knit material, giving you the moisture-wicking performance you expect with an added element of comfort that you'll love in extreme conditions. Large hand pockets sit above a harness for easy access to important gear, and the Optimal Visibility hood offers quick coverage that fits over any climbing helmet. The cuffs are easy to adjust, and feature inner polyurethane lining that grips gloves when you're swinging a tool.
- A stretchy waterproof shell for alpine climbing and mountaineering
- Three-layer H2No membrane is lightweight and durably waterproof
- Stretch fabric gives you unrestricted motion for technical climbs
- Seamless shoulders and back prevent abrasion points and blowouts
- Harness compatible pockets keep essential gear close by at all times
- Helmet-compatible hood ensures coverage during alpine storms
- Inner PU cuffs grip gloves when you're swinging ice axes
- Hem can be adjusted with one hand to quickly shut out the cold
- Item #PAT02XM
- Q & A
Great Hybrid Shell
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 180lbs
The Patagonia Galvanized is unlike any shell I have ever used. Is it a hard shell? Is it a soft shell? One thing is for sure, it is awesome! This jacket finds itself somewhat of a hybrid of both a weather-resistant hard shell and a stretchy versatile softshell. Designed using a three-layer waterproofing And finish treated with a DWR this jacket beads water off when conditions get wet. I mostly used this Jacket during early season tours into the backcountry. I found the Galvanized fabric did not breath as well as my Patagonia Nano-Air but the added underarm vents allowed for additional venting that proved to be more than enough on long uphill pushes. When your not sure what the weather might due the Galvanized is a great all in one layer to keep you dry while not overheating.
Very solid jacket
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: L
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 150lbs
Very breathable and comfortable. Slim fit is stylish and appropriate for a variety of activities. This jacket kept me warm and dry in very cold and wet alpine conditions. I was pleasantly surprised by the arm length and the cuffs. Very good quality jacket.