You have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with gravity in the winter. When you're skinning for hours or bootpacking up steep out-of-bounds slopes you sometimes can't stand it, but all is forgiven immediately when you're suddenly sailing through fresh snow, carving waist deep turns all the way home. For those who are constantly fighting gravity so they can find the best spots to befriend it, there's the Patagonia Descensionist Pant. Patagonia's most breathable waterproof shell-pant yet, the Descensionist is made from soft and stretchy three-layer fabric that'll keep you protected from drifting snow and howling winds without overheating at the first (or second, or third) sign of hard work.
A moisture-managing knit backer wicks away sweat on wearying climbs, while zippered vents on the back thigh quickly release heat when you need to really air things out. Ankle gaiters keep out snow whether you're spraying powder or postholing your way to glory. The waist has an integrated, adjustable belt to keep your fit secure, while multiple front pockets give you easy access to necessary snacks and gear.
- Ascend and descend epic peaks with this ultra-breathable shell pant
- Highly breathable three-layer fabric offers waterproof protection
- Articulated design and mechanical stretch offer full range of motion
- Back-thigh vents provide extra temp management for tough climbs
- Ankle gaiters keep the snow out when you posthole
- Knit backer wicks away moisture to keep your layers dry
- Adjustable belt keeps pants from sagging on long ascents
- Watertight pockets keep maps, gear, and energy bars within reach
- Item #PAT02LN