Select Style & Size
Black Hole 45L MLC Bag
Delivering compact storage, easy organization, and an ultra-durable design, the Patagonia Black Hole 45L MLC Bag is as perfect for business trips as it is for a weekend of car camping. By taking the travel-friendly design of Patagonia's MLC Bag and combining it with their always reliable Black Hole ripstop fabric, Patagonia delivers a bag that can travel the world and take a beating along the way. MLC actually stands for Maximum Legal Carry-On, meaning this bag was designed to fit almost all carry-on standards while giving you as much space and storage as possible. Highlighting the storage features are the split-compartment design that helps you keep dirty and clean gear separate, a padded laptop pocket for quick access to your computer in security lines, and lots of pockets on the inside and out to keep smaller items organized and secure. This bag's also got three different carrying options to help you get where you need to go with ease and comfort, including a set of stowable backpack straps, an adjustable shoulder strap, and standard briefcase carry handles. You've got all of that with the robust and highly water-resistant Black Hole fabric that'll withstand anything your travels through at it.
- Travel-friendly bag with smart storage and a durable design
- 45L size meets most carry-on standards to make your travel easier
- Black Hole ripstop fabric is ultra-durable for endless trips
- Highly water-resistant construction protects gear in wet weather
- Easy carry options include shoulder and backpack straps
- Split compartment design helps you keep gear separate and organized
- Laptop pocket ensures quick access to computers and tablets
- Rear sleeve slides easily on top of rolling luggage
- Item #PAT02ZP
- [face fabric] 900D recycled polyester ripstop, TPU coating, DWR coating, [lining] 200D recycled polyester, DWR coating
- 45L (2746cu in)
- Backpack Carry
- stowable straps
- [external] 1 zippered top, 1 zippered front, 1 laptop, [internal] 2 mesh
- 22.8 x 8.6 x 14.5in
- Claimed Weight
- 3lb 10.4oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
February 5, 2020
So Many Pockets
Love this bag. I had previously used a duffle for travel which was slightly annoying given that everything was just piled on top of each other. This bag has so many pockets and compartments that it makes organization a breeze. I like to carry-on my ski boots and this bag carries them and my ski outfit with ease. When not used for ski travel, it's the perfect weekend bag. Cons: It has no structure so it is floppy if it's not full. It could really use compression straps to help with that. It also has a pocket on the side for a luggage tag, which is worthless. I would rather that be a water bottle pocket. Neither one of those things is worth subtracting a star for though.
January 20, 2020
Really happy with this purchase
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I purchased this bag for a week long trip and it worked perfectly. I packed two pairs of jeans, 5 pairs of leggings, 3 pairs of shorts, more shirts than I needed (just ask my boyfriend), and two pairs of sandals and a pair of sneakers. I still had room for a textbook, which I did not open once while on my vacation. I also had plenty of room for charging cables, my kindle, and toiletries with room to spare. My worries over having adequate packing space were all for nothing. The bag fit well in the overhead bin on my flights and it was comfortable to carry around as a backpack and using the side handle. I intend on using this for camping in the future as I feel like all the compartments will come in handy.