Select Style & Size
Black Hole 70L Duffel Bag
Say hello to the Patagonia Black Hole 70L Duffel Bag, your new best friend on cross-country road trips, week-long camping trips, and gear-hauling weekend adventures. One of the larger offerings in Patagonia's Black Hole lineup, the 70L was designed for longer trips and shorter multi-day adventures that require more layers and gear. Despite its spacious 70 liters of storage, this bag maintains a relatively compact size and is still easy to carry thanks to its deployable backpack straps and removable shoulder straps. Its tough and ultra-durable construction is ready for hard usage on endless travels, while its highly water-resistant performance is prepared to travel into the rainy season on far-flung adventures. Daisy chain loops provide lashing points for any gear that wouldn't fit into the bag, and a small zippered side pocket lets you keep travel essentials like books and snacks close by.
- Durable travel-friendly bag with spacious storage for longer trips
- Ripstop fabric is ultra-tough for trips to rugged environments
- Highly water-resistant design keeps your gear dry in the rain
- Backpack straps deploy quickly for an easy hands-free carry
- Daisy chains let you lash on extra equipment and gear
- Zippered side pocket keeps smaller items close by as you travel
- Removable shoulder strap provides another hands-free carry option
- Item #PAT02ZD
- [face fabric] 900D postconsumer recycled polyester, DWR coating, TPU coating, [lining] 200D recycled polyester
- 70L (4272cu in)
- Backpack Carry
- padded, convertible
- Shoulder Strap
- padded, removable
- [external] 1 zippered side, [internal] 2 mesh lid
- 28 x 17.5 x 13in
- Claimed Weight
- 3lb 2.8oz
- Recommended Use
- casual, travel
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
November 30, 2019
All purpose gear hauler
- I've put it through the wringer
I purchased this bag 3 years ago and the bag has met ever need I can through at it. It has been my go to gear hauler for 4-5 lengthy trips each year, been checked onto countless planes and dragged and off boats all season long. I am just reviewing the bag now, because despite its large size, I now bring more gear with me than I use to and need to purchase a second bag.
December 6, 2019
Can this be a carry on for a flight?
December 23, 2019
Hi Mark, This duffel would be too large to have this as a carry on. You'd be looking for dimensions of duffels, most likely you'd be looking for something in the 20-45L range depending how it's designed.
November 16, 2019
What are the dimensions of the 70L Black Hole?
November 21, 2019
Hi Renee, This Patagonia duffel has the dimensions of 28" x 17.5" x 13"