Select your style & size:Select options
Life's biggest question finally answered.
Nobody knows what's in a black hole, but you know that your climbing, hiking, and traveling gear is in Patagonia's Black Hole 45L Duffel Bag. Inspired by rugged-yet-light alpine packs, the Black Hole features a burly ripstop fabric filmed in a TPU laminate and coated with DWR for the ultimate in wilderness-worthy protection. The padded base protects your gear throughout the trip. Internal organizers and zippered mesh pockets organize all the small things, while the external side pocket stows the duffel for compact storage. Compression straps prevent your gear from bouncing around whether you're traveling via airplane or four-wheeler.
- Defy physics and find what's inside Patagonia's Black Hole Duffel
- 45L capacity suitable for extended weekend getaways
- Removable backpack straps let you carry this as a bag or pack
- Burly ripstop fabrication with water-repellent laminate
- Bag stuffs inside the zippered side pocket for compact storage
- Item #PAT023M
- Q & A
Great Travel Bag
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This bag is a great carry on. I packed jackets, toiletries, and clothes for 5 days for a trip to Utah with it. The backpack straps are great while going through the airport. I had to walk 1/2 mile through Hartsfield-Jackson Airport to get to my terminal and I was comfortable. This bag is perfect for trips up to 4 or 5 days. Great bag.
What are the dimensions of this bag? Is it carry on like the older version?