Select style & size:Select options
Big things start small.
Patagonia's Atom Backpack carryies your textbooks to campus or work, and it'll find a place in your car anytime you take a road trip. Its internal sleeve protects your laptop from scratches, while the small main compartment has enough room for a jacket, book, and snacks for the road. Patagonia treated the eco-friendly, partially-recycled fabric to shed any drink you accidentally spill.
- Take-anywhere backpack for everyday occasions
- 18-liter capacity suitable for full days at work or school
- Sleeve with soft lining for small laptops or tablets
- DWR-treated fabric sheds moisture and raindrops
- Mesh back panel and shoulder straps for breathable ventilation
- Item #PAT023I
- Q & A
This is too small for what it is advertised. there is no way this pack can hold 18L. a case of bottled water is 30 - .5 liters which would be 15 liters of water. There is no way this pack could even hold the case of water if you poured it in.
Atom (really) means Small
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Good pack. Solid construction. Functional and comfortable. Downside is this bad boy is small and I have 'things' I like to carry.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Great daypack. Simple no frills and bombproof. I've carried it for 80 miles and it looks like its fresh off the rack. 18L is plenty big for Socal hiking and everyday use.
How is this for day hiking? The back zip pouch seems like it would fit a hydration bag fine, which is usually less annoying than a water bottle on the side anyway.