A versatile mountain tool.
Like its namesake, the Patagonia Men's Adze Hybrid Hooded Jacket is designed with versatility in mind. We've all had those days when its too cold and windy to climb in just a midlayer, but after wearing a hardshell for about ten minutes, you're sweating through your layers—this is where you need the Adze. It provides the right combination of stretch and breathability with wind- and waterproofing so you stay shielded from the elements without compromising performance or mobility.
Two-layer softshell stops wind in its tracks when you're on exposed walls and peaks, and it's DWR-coated to repel light rain and snow. Plus, it offers enhanced mobility and breathability to let you reach difficult holds while climbing and prevent you from getting bogged down with sweat on the trail. A single-pull hood adjustment lets you quickly and easily cinch down your hood when a storm suddenly hits, whether or not you have a helmet on. Adjustable cuffs fit over gloves in harsh conditions, and also allow the sleeves to push up easily without constricting your forearms when you get a little warm. When brisk winds try blowing in from underneath, you can cinch down the hem by simply pulling the cord inside the hand pockets, and quickly release with the cord locks at the side hem.
- Versatile weather protection for climbing and hiking
- 2-layer softshell fabric stops wind and resists precipitation
- Jersey knit backer wicks sweat away from skin
- Gusseted underarm panels allow better range of motion
- Optimal Visibility Hood with quick single-pull adjustment
- Adjustable cuffs fit over gloves and roll up easily
- Flat-cinch, no-bunch hem seals out elements
- Item #PAT01ZI
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Love this jacket! Its an awesome baselayer or just an everyday jacket. Warmer than expected.