A glove Vitaly himself would use
Named after the Mountaneer Vitaly Abalakov, Outdoor Research's Vitaly Glove is geared for any style of ice climbing whether single pitch or alpine. Waterproof, windproof, breathable Gore-Tex Xtrafit fends off biting winds and frigid ice melt as you swing your ice tools hoping they bite into the ice securely. Top-of-the-line Primaloft Gold insulation works to trap heat and keep your digits warm, while still providing a lightweight and slim feel for optimal performance. Meanwhile, a pre-curved construction streamlines performance with efficiency so your hands work with the glove to hold onto your ice tools as you work your way up the ice climb.
- An ice climbing glove for adventurous ice climbing objectives
- Gore-Tex Xtrafit protects your hands from frigid chills while on belay
- Primaloft Gold insulation retains warmth on cold, snowy days
- Pre-curved construction works with your hands to hold ice tools
- Item #ODR00T5
- Q & A
Used in White Mountains
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Very warm glove. -30 and did not need to switch over to mitts... albeit I was moving alot.
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I bought these as a gift and they're great, the fingers feel great and there's a natural articulation which helps. They are advertised for ice, but in my opinion they're aren't going to excel at that, more of a ski resort glove o, maybe if you're the second and cleaning the screws but I wouldn't want to be pumped trying to place a screw in theses gloves.