Transcendent Down Vest
Stay warm on the chilly trails or evening walks around the neighborhood in the Outdoor Research Transcendent Down Vest. Packed with 650-fill down insulation, the vest provides a warm feel to keep core temperatures at a comfortable level when the temperatures outside start to drop. A drawcord at the hem helps keep the warmth from escaping out of the vest, and a tall collar keeps the neck and chin protected as the autumn chills bite through the night.
- A casual vest for those chilly evenings around the camp fire
- 650-fill down traps heat for a cozy warm feel during frigid chills
- Water resistant fabric withstands moisture during light rain or snow
- Drawcord hem locks in warmth and prevents cold air from sneaking in
- Internal zip chest pocket keeps essentials close to your heart
- Item #ODR00S7
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 157lbs
Functional, Warm, Trendy
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 140lbs
This was my first vest purchase in a long while and I’m so glad I did it. It looks super cute and keeps the core nice and warm. I struggled with deciding on the garnet/saddle or peacock/carob color and opted for the latter since I have a couple jackets in the garnet color already and love it. People envy all over this thing. I love the variety of pockets on the outside and in—very functional without looking like a “technical” piece. It is a bit roomier around the midsection than perhaps necessary, but since I’m in postpartum land, I appreciate it at the moment (though you may want to try sizing down if you’re in between sizes). Pair it with the Etta Beanie or the Effie Beanie to look effin’ awesome!
Cute, Comfy, Warm!
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
I picked one of these up for my wife to replace a vest that has a blown zipper and some other issues. She loves it! She says the colors look way better in person than they do on the website, and I totally agree. They are slightly more subtle in person and look great. It is pretty warm and it has worked its way into her clothing rotation as we move into fall. Another great piece of clothing from OR!