A good insulated vest can go a long way in your technical layering setup, especially when that vest is the Outdoor Research Refuge Vest. It's got a lot to offer the avid outdoor enthusiast thanks mostly in part to its innovative VerticalX insulation. Designed for intensive pursuits in cold weather, VerticalX insulation delivers breathable warmth and moisture management when you're working up a sweat on backcountry ski tours and chilly fall hikes. Thanks to its vertical lofted construction, this insulation allows excess body heat and water vapor to escape rather than become trapped, so you can stay dry and comfortable as you move. Plus, it's made using synthetic fibers that keep doing their job when rain or snow soaks through to the insulation. But that shouldn't be a problem with the durable water-resistant shell working hard to keep out all but the heaviest snows, as the movement-mirroring stretch ensures easy mobility on steep ascents and gnarly ski lines. And when the adventure is over or the day starts to warm up, you can stuff the Refuge Vest into its own chest pocket, toss it in your pack, and keep it handy until the cold returns.
- Versatile insulated vest for hard-charging pursuits in cold weather
- VerticalX insulation provides breathable insulation on ski tours
- Stays warm when wet and allows sweat and moisture to escape
- Water-resistant shell sheds moisture from light rain and steady snow
- Mobility-enhancing design makes it easy to move on steep ascents
- Chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack when you need to shed layers
- Item #ODR011Y