Select Style & Size
Refuge Hooded Jacket
The Refuge Hooded Jacket is back, and as its name implies it's ready and willing to give you shelter from the storm. Taking advantage of Outdoor Research's uniquely stretchy and resilient VerticalX insulation, which offers warmth that is more akin to a 700-fill down than most other commonly used synthetic fills, this jacket provides warmth and performance mobility even in wet weather. Outdoor Research also added ActiveTemp, a thermo-regulating technology that adjusts to ensure your microclimate stays cool and dry during high-exertion activities.
The stretch from the VerticalX is highly appreciated whether you're climbing in cooler conditions, skiing on fresh powder days, or making your way up to a remote mountain lake in late fall. The water resistant face fabric keeps you dry in light moisture and the brushed tricot interior keeps you extra cozy warm when the temperatures really start to drop. When your adventures are over—or things simply warm up—the jacket packs into its own pocket for easy carry, complete with its own carabiner loop for clipping to pack or harness.
- An insulated layer for hiking, climbing, or daily warmth
- Synthetic fill designed for lightweight, mobile insulation
- Movement-mirroring stretch ensures full mobility on the trail
- ActiveTemp treatment provides thermoregulation during pursuits
- Adjustable hood and hem with elastic cuffs keep the heat in
- Compressible design can stuff down into its own pocket for travel
- Brushed tricot at front collar and inside pockets adds a soft touch
- Item #ODR00Z7
- 100% polyester
- 60g VerticalX (100% polyester)
- Center Back Length
- fixed, adjustable
- 1 zippered chest, 2 zippered hand, 1 left-hand
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 0.9oz
- Recommended Use
- skiing, snowboarding, casual, hiking, climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
January 2, 2021
Not quite ready for the adventure
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 3"
- 130 lbs
I really like the fit of this jacket. The fill is great for cooler days and has kept me warm on the mountain or just taking the pup for a walk. Unfortunately the exterior material just isn’t meant for active outdoors it seems. I have other OR jackets, but this material seems super sensitive. I’ve had 3 tears I’ve had to patch already. I wouldn’t recommend doing anything super active without a shell to accompany it.