Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Refuge Hooded Jacket
The Refuge Hooded Jacket is back, and as its name implies it's ready and willing to give you shelter from the storm. Taking advantage of Outdoor Research's uniquely stretchy and resilient VerticalX insulation, which offers warmth that is more akin to a 700-fill down than most other commonly used synthetic fills, this jacket provides warmth and performance mobility even in wet weather. Outdoor Research also added ActiveTemp, a thermo-regulating technology that adjusts to ensure your microclimate stays cool and dry during high-exertion activities.
The stretch from the VerticalX is highly appreciated whether you're climbing in cooler conditions, skiing on fresh powder days, or making your way up to a remote mountain lake in late fall. The water resistant face fabric keeps you dry in light moisture and the brushed tricot interior keeps you extra cozy warm when the temperatures really start to drop. When your adventures are over—or things simply warm up—the jacket packs into its own pocket for easy carry, complete with its own carabiner loop for clipping to pack or harness.
- An insulated layer for hiking, climbing, or daily warmth
- Synthetic fill designed for lightweight, mobile insulation
- Movement-mirroring stretch ensures full mobility on the trail
- ActiveTemp treatment provides thermoregulation during pursuits
- Adjustable hood and hem with elastic cuffs keep the heat in
- Compressible design can stuff down into its own pocket for travel
- Brushed tricot at front collar and inside pockets adds a soft touch
- Item #ODR00Z7