Refuge Air Hooded Jacket
You will find yourself zipping up the Outdoor Research Refuge Air Hooded Jacket on a daily basis whether you are using it to commute, hit the trail head, or beef up your cold weather layering system. This versatile insulation jacket blends lightweight construction with impressive warmth to provide comfort and protection from the elements. The Pertex Quantum outer creates this lightweight feel while also resisting wind and rain and holding up to daily wear and tear. The VerticalX Air synthetic insulation continues the lightweight theme while also controlling moisture while you work hard, and maintaining loft when wet to trap body heat and keep you comfortable.
- High performance synthetic insulation midlayer jacket
- Pertex Quantum outer is lightweight, weather resistant, and durable
- VerticalX Air insulation provides warmth when wet, controls moisture
- Thumbloops hold sleeves in place during rigorous activity
- Low-Pro Binding cuffs help to block out drafts and cold air
- Zip chest and hand pockets keep important items nearby
- Item #ODR012A
- Q & A
Close, but no cigar
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: large
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 185lbs
The jacket worked well for ski touring and as a mid-layer for downhill skiing. The jacket's fabrics are comfortable and wick moisture well. However, the jacket runs much smaller than other slim fitted OR jackets. I would say size a full size up. The length in the torso and sleeves are shorter than their other jackets so I would not recommend this for use climbing. I was constantly pulling the jacket out from underneath my harness anytime I reached high or swung a tool. Personally, I would not recommend this jacket to friends, but rather tell them to get the bombproof Ascendent or the grid fleece-Ferrosi.